Canadian Press Map Maker
Use this tool to make a map that is sharable on social media or can be sent to clients.
1. Pan and zoom the map to get to your desired area and then click on the "Lock the map" button at the top. This remove the interactive map and replace it with an image. There is no going back from here. If you want to move the map, you will need to refresh the page.
NOTE: YOU HAVE TO LOCK THE MAP. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL NOT RENDER A BACKGROUND MAP IN YOUR FINAL PRODUCT.
2. Click to change the headline. Type to change the text. Our style is all-caps, so turn your caps lock on.
3. Drag any elements you want from below the map, onto the map.
4. If you double click on an element you can change it. Double click on "CITYNAME" to change the text. Double click on 1A or 1b, etc. to change that text. Look at the format of the text for hints on our style. For example, 1A is in caps, so keep that text capped. 1b is lower case, so use regular capitalization rules there.
5. If you need to move an element after editing it, single click on the element to turn off the editing and reenable the dragibility.
6. Double click on a dot to change its colour for highlighting purposes.
7. Double click on a vertical or horizontal line to bring up a dialog box. It will ask you how long you would like the line to be. Enter an integer. The line will change size. Use trial and error to find the right size.
8. When you are happy with the map, click on the "Make it!" button. It will create the map. Click on the "Download!" to download your map.